Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Scatter: FEATURE IDEAS (1 already done)
icon14.gif  Scatter: FEATURE IDEAS (1 already done) [message #25670] Sun, 07 March 2010 12:31 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi andrej

i more and more get warmer with the Scatter, really like it and the interface. had developped own diagram control, but yours is far better Smile i will try to provide some ideas though, to maybe enhance functionality of Scatter and if i can also the solutions. then you decide..

1) attached value popup
when clicking into diagram, a popup appears, and remains static, while moving clicked to other locations. better to have the popup travel with mouse showing values, isn't it? best, to have it selectable, which behaviour to have. attached a solution, maybe you like it..it does not have it swicthable though, but it works.

2) zooming / moving
when zooming out extremely (in tab8 i.e) the scatter hangs somewhere. the zoom is always realizes/painted respect to the SetXYMin Values. better would be to realize zoom centered to the current mous position, which is not that easy, i know, had my struggles Smile. also logrithmic stuff is hard to handle as hell. maybe the problem is that the frature of drawing funcitons stands in the way..

3) marks drawing
it would be cool to have the drawing reticle marks selected dynamicly according to zoomfactor also, they are already accrding to move position, but zooming zooms also the reticle.
i.e devisions -100 .. 50 .. 0 .. 50 .. 100 would step by step be changed to -75 .. -25 .. 25 .. 75 then -50 .. 25 .. 0 .. 25 .. 50
may be i can provide you a testcase with my diagram in this sense, it adapts the graph marks when moving and zooming

4) having graphs accessible via VectorMap, instead of Vector
i saw that one can access the data directly, but the data is organized in Vector< Vector<XY> >, which is ok, but when users dynamicly will want to access and modify same things, while other graphs are removed, the index is changed, and one needs to keep trak of indices in a map. wo why not using a map directly. the performance hit is neglectable anyway. this would hide away the index problem.

5) moving points of graphs
one of the goals in my diagram was to have it a sort of controling control, where one can drag some points of graph around, while some not, so i.e realizing parametrize of a eq filter bank or the like.

now these are some of the ideas i had in mind in my diagram. maybe you will find some of them usefull Smile in case of help needed, ask..
  • Attachment: Scatter.rar
    (Size: 9.56KB, Downloaded 381 times)

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LEMON - a Library for Efficient Modeling and Optimization in Networks
Next Topic: Dockind: does not work with latest U++ release.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:49:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03196 seconds