Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » New footer in Web
Re: New footer in Web [message #26006 is a reply to message #26004] Thu, 25 March 2010 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi guys!

There is a clean solution to this, using pure html Wink If we use subdirectories for each language, like www.ultimatepp.org/ru-ru/some$topic.html. Then each relative link in the page would link to page in given language. For pages that do not exist yet, mod_rewrite can be used to serve user the English version, without loosing the language in address. Similarly, exception could be given for forum and perhaps also for addresses without specified language. I didn't have time to test this solution, but it should work...

Another option, without playing with apache modules, would be similar to what Koldo proposed, just copying the english version with special footer to the other language directory for untranslated files. The forum can probably reside on several addresses, like ultimatepp.org/ru-ru/forum/, using simlinks on server (or rewrites). The only problem then would be with links, but that is minor...

OTOH, I don't say that we should stick to static pages. I'm just listing our options. If the dynamic stuff is written correctly, it can be just as fast and gives much more possibilities...

Regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message