FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Tutoring Plan
icon14.gif  Re: Tutoring Plan [message #26265 is a reply to message #26256] Mon, 19 April 2010 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Koldo,

Very interesting idea. You are right that it works like this in forum now, but it would definitely lower the barrier for shy programmers.

nlneilson wrote on Sun, 18 April 2010 22:07

That is a good idea but there will always be a time lag between a question and a response.

Actually the tutor and tutored person can make an agreement and meet on irc/icq/{whatever IM system}, let's say every two days for an hour or so. That would make the cooperation much faster then through the forum or mail.

Here are a few suggestions from a newbie:
Have another menu item to the right of "Setup" called "Help".
That is what most people are used to, having "Help" under "Assist" is a bit confusing.

Yes, this is true. Not having Help menu is like having no help at all. People are sometimes too lazy to hit F1 not even to mention to search for help in non-standard locations...

The "Manual" is good, being able to access that from "Help" and opened in a separate
window/browser even when offline. If that is a separate download the default location
could be a subdirectory under MyApps.

You mean like having off-line html version of help? Topic++ contains the same info and you can have it in separate tab. But actually exporting html help would be really easy, basically just running uppweb with few extra lines of code to exclude forum and ads...

But back to the tutoring: I like the idea and I would probably use it myself if it existed when I started to use U++. Count on my help as far as my skills go Smile

Regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message