FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Tutoring Plan
Re: Tutoring Plan. Call for tutors [message #26909 is a reply to message #26908] Tue, 08 June 2010 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Hey Koldo and others

Mentoring is one wonderful thought proposed here.

This is one tutorial I found invaluable while learning upp. I thought I could mention it here for others who want to be 'carried along' http://www.codeproject.com/KB/library/IntroUpp.aspx

Small things that tripped me up may also help. Maybe I was too blind to see it initially. The web is full of links to UPP605; unfortunately, that is something you can't change. Once on the site though, I did not find it easy to find my way through. The links to the SVN repository you gave were helpful though not very obvious since I was only searching for WIN32 binaries at the time. Especially the source browser was a big help to see how the code will look eventually.

The STermPro is one superbly executed project IMO. I know the assist function of the IDE has a lot to offer; however, I tend to agree here
Mindtraveller said

IMO we (a U++ community) should first of all prepare nice and well structured U++ "newbie" tutorial. This tutorial should be a part of TheIDE docs as well as U++ site.

A step-by-step kind of tutorial is definitely desirable for us newbies. As of now, I am still 'learning the ropes'

Thanks for your patience
Jerson

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message