Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » deb packages don't update user sources properly
Re: deb packages don't update user sources properly [message #32381 is a reply to message #32368] Sat, 14 May 2011 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

mr_ped wrote on Fri, 13 May 2011 12:19

To recompile all is anyway a very good idea, after core sources are updated. So deleting "out" is a good thing.

Yes... and No ! This obliges to recompile all libraries, when maybe there is changes only in one or two test programs in the bazaar...

dolik.rce wrote on Fri, 13 May 2011 12:43

The thing is that for the updater to detect changes, the local source tree must be kept clean.

Yes. And it's true that I installed all from scratch some monthes ago, and since this time I just copied the /usr/share/upp to my upp local directory and never deleted anything... This could be the reason why there is so many things to delete...

dolik.rce wrote on Fri, 13 May 2011 12:43

I think I will also add some sort of "ignore pattern", so you could mark files/directories to be ignored by the update mechanism. That is probably the best universal solution I can think of.

Yes, I think that it's a very good idea Smile !

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :)
Next Topic: [PROPOSAL] Changes to packaging scheme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 16:51:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00732 seconds