Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Code generator in Designer [FEATURE REQUEST][SOLVED...:)]
Code generator in Designer [FEATURE REQUEST][SOLVED...:)] [message #2132] Sun, 02 April 2006 11:18 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I started to work with the Designer. Perhaps I'm using it not in the best way. In fact I do not include the .lay file but copy and past its code (that can be shown with CTRL+T) in the code. Nevertheless I found this method powerful because I can retouch in a finer way the geometry, appearence and control of each widget. For example, the following two lines:

A) from designer after CTRL+T
ITEM(LabelBox, dv___0, SetLabel(t_("Edit Player")).LeftPosZ(16, 644).TopPosZ(16, 80))
ITEM(Label, dv___1, SetLabel(t_("Name")).SetAlign(ALIGN_CENTER).LeftPosZ(28, 132).TopPosZ(32, 19))

become:

B) C++ code of case A
lbox.SetLabel(t_("Edit Player")).LeftPosZ(16, 644).TopPosZ(16, 80);
Add(lbox);

label[0].SetLabel(t_("Name")).SetAlign(ALIGN_CENTER).LeftPosZ(28, 132).TopPosZ(32, 19);
Add(label[0]);

That are very similar to the original. Moreover the lines in (A) include even the declaration of the widget used, so are complete.
I believed that the code generator could produce something like the case (B) instead give some skeleton that seems not very useful.
So my desire is to have a code generator that produce code as that of case (B).

Luigi

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 04:22] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Positioning in Designer
Next Topic: Yet another new user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 08:45:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02519 seconds