FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ video control to come soon
Re: U++ video control to come soon [message #32150 is a reply to message #32148] Thu, 28 April 2011 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
my problem was to get through all that dll mess, and make it compilable both mingw and msc, both static and shared. while mingw worked out pretty fine msc only provides for shared linkage.

thats why i enhanced the install instructions inside, to point to some pain generators. tried to touch as little as possible with the provided sdl packages, so user does not have to bother there.
i think my instructions are more straight forward in this way. this is actually like i install other libs in upp as well.

as of pain generators, especially the #define main SDL_main issue was boggling me. but still, the sdl guys have reasons for it (since one can specify some commandline goodies to SDL apps) which will be processed by the own main in SDLmain. so i tried to make this work too, without the need to #undef main. now it kinda works.

i noticed that MSC compilation first was making trouble, when using blitz in optimal. but this is known issue. but disabling blitz crashed the ide during compile. and couldnt figure out why. but now it works. maybe there was some recompile problems. could you check that package if the errors occure with you as well?
just msc shared, debug with blitz and optimal without.

i didnt want to mess up things from others. so it's up to you to take that one. but i think it's bit better in terms of installations and handling. more sdl native.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Testing framework in U++.
Next Topic: Porting Upp to SDL first ? (cause of MacOSX & framebuffer)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 22:31:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03215 seconds