Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes
howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes [message #26758] Wed, 26 May 2010 13:15 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi there people

i am dealing with a performance issue, tackling the borders of Upp (or maybe better: my mind Smile

got a MT environment wich diversly generates a LOT of frequent refreshes on a LOT of small Ctls.

example:

some 5+ Threads (communication from devices) generate visual data for ~25 Views (with a LOT of Ctrl hierarchy) every 200 ms for each view, each data element causes a refresh of a particular Ctrl (maybe somewhere *deep* in hierarchy).

so the problem is the perfomance is *sh..*, no fluidity

>> How to deal with a lot of frequent updates / refreshes to a lot of Ctrls from several threads (!= main GUI thread)?

i imagine the problem is my design itself, where the threads use GuiLock to do the stuff in the Gui or need to wait for MainThread to finish the work for them and so there is a lot of context switches.. or the Ctrls are pretty deep in hierarchy and refreshing them toggles refreshes on upper ones as well?

is there a possib to disable a view for repainting, have all the update ctrl stuff done and then by enabling trigger a refresh in Main GUI thread for all *dirty* Ctrl (which would be done without context switches)

help apriciated

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:16]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message