Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes
Re: howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes [message #26974 is a reply to message #26972] Wed, 16 June 2010 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hy guys

Quote:

if (manualRefresh || !IsOpen() || !IsVisible() || r.IsEmpty()) return;

this is exactly what i had been thinking of.

Quote:

InvalidateRect does not invoke WM_PAINT directly.

In either case, in Win32 or X11 (where it has to be implemented by u++), Paint is always as lazy as possible - it only happens when input queue is empty (unless you request immediate repaint using Sync).

Quote:

what do you think?

I think we have spent years optimizing Refresh/Paint. You can only make it worse:)

Simply do not worry. U++ will do the best possible.

now this is a word. this exactly answers my questions..and creates others. how to keep the queue busy so ith wont trigger a refresh each and everytime.

imagine: 50 devices push their live monitoring data (acutally not the problem, 48 bytes only) to the gui, where the data income is linked to Ctrls (SetData, SetText, cusom Ctrls as well) for each device separately. the devices fire unsynchronously, more or less every 200 ms.
==> consequence: Refreshes over and over (even with 4 devices its a problem already), because queue is kept empty..any idea about that?

Quote:

Another possibility is changing Ctrl class.

this is what *I* want the *least*. i know of upp beeing prepared for any cases and ooptimized to the edge. i'd rather need to rethink my model.

cheers

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message