Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes
Re: howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes [message #26980 is a reply to message #26977] Wed, 16 June 2010 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
thanks guys for the ideas. i think there is no other option, i will do it like that.

another more general questions arises:

my gui view for each device comes from an xml file, where i use ParentCtrl to invisibly group other Ctrls to be able to specify their common offsets, positions, extents, etc generally easy arange them. since its an audio device application there is quite a lot ctrls invoved and i use quite a lot ParentCtrl to organize them.

??? does the Ctrl tree depth matter ??? (i imagine yes).

imagine a deph of easily 20-25 Ctrls, so if the downmost (actually opaque ctrl) is updated/refresht, >>> does the refresh have to recompute *all* the tree path (i.e. from topmost, parent, forwarding the dirty rect to the children or something. i imagine this to happen when WM_PAINT gets executed, one needs to determine which ctrl is actually to be drawn. as i remember there is code for determining exactly this, which ctrl lies in the dirty rect)?

this could be another bottle neck. couldnt one speed up the search top-down by "marking" the "repaint" path bottom-up with a flag?

better explain:
a Ctrl's Refresh() marks itself as dirty target and marks the parents in path up to top as the path to go for the dirty Ctrl, when a WM_PAINT is received, one only needs to check which ctrl in the tree are marked...

but sure the current way is not bad anyway..some short explanations of interna would really help..

cheers

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message