Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » GtkWidget inside U++
Re: GtkWidget inside U++ [message #26868 is a reply to message #26866] Fri, 04 June 2010 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

koldo wrote on Fri, 04 June 2010 08:32

Hello Honza

Do you mean "the lost link" between Libwebkit (a portable web browser based on Safari) and U++ is the Gtk+ event loop that Libwebkit requires?.

In the last case would it be possible to launch webkit in a separate thread with its own Gtk+ event loop with a bridge to U++ code handling commands, windows resizing and events between main program and browser?

For example, in video player I am working Smile there are now at least these threads:

- SDL event loop
- Video handling
- Audio handling

Video is showed in a separate window so bridge code handles resizing and send commands from U++ to SDL event loop.

If everything goes right it will be possible to:

- plug SDL events to U++ events, so a mouse left click in video window could be sent to U++ to show a menu
- use U++ window instead of SDL window

Hi Koldo,

Simply put yes, libwebkit could be run if U++ and gtk event loops could be connected somehow. I tried to run the webview in separate thread, but without that connecting layer it didn't make much sense. Plus it was crashing, but that was probably just my mistake Smile

It would be interesting experiment to create such connecting layers between U++ and various frameworks. It would allow to extend possibilities of U++ a lot. But on the other hand, it is pretty unclean solution. Actually more hack than solution Wink It would probably bring a lot of overhead too.

I would personally prefer clean, full port of webkit to U++ (here webkit means the interface over WebCore and JavaScriptCore, not the entire engine Wink ). In the end it might be about the same level of complexity as creating the connection layer...

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there an example/links how to use X11 DHCtrl?
Next Topic: howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 00:58:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02621 seconds