Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Multiple schema files?
Multiple schema files? [message #26905] Mon, 07 June 2010 19:20 Go to previous message
jeremy_c is currently offline  jeremy_c
Experienced Member
I am wondering if it's possible to have multiple schema files and multiple databases? Here's the synario... I am writing a program that allows one to log amateur radio contacts. To do so, we often refer to many other data sources, such as the FCC license data (about 86mb when put into a sqlite3 db), Canadian license data, country data (latitude/longitude for centers, callsign attributes, etc...).

So, that database winds up being pretty big. Then there is the actual "logbook" which tracks the actual contacts that a ham operator makes. This database, having 5-8 tables and the largest one containing about 40 fields is pretty small. Also, the operator may have multiple log books, one for a contest they've run, another for their home operations and another for mobile operations. Many families have multiple ham operators as well.

So the program ideally should have two data sources, the static reference data (callbooks, country information, etc...) then the actual logbook which can be opened, closed, imported, exported, synced w/laptop resource, etc... I'd rather not have to have the user maintain the large static database in their individual log file.

Can this be done? Is there an example or information on this? I thought of using attach to "include" the static data into the main database, but how would that work when creating the database for the first time (the logbook database)? I'm afraid that the static data tables would be created in the logbook database?

Thanks for any input,

Jeremy

[Updated on: Mon, 07 June 2010 19:29]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Two tables sharing same field name?
Next Topic: SqlCtrls and IsModified()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 19:45:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02914 seconds