Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Manual for custom Chameleonized Ctrls
Re: Manual for custom Chameleonized Ctrls [message #27085 is a reply to message #27081] Fri, 25 June 2010 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Well there are two levels to this issue.

On high level we have the styles, which right now allow you to render almost every imaginable control both with system skins and custom skins. There is no Win32/Gtk programing involved. Using styles or creating new controls to use existing styles is easy once you learn it, but there is a serious learning curve. No documentation for this, but enough code in bazaar to learn it.

At the deeper level is introducing new ways to get system styles. This is only needed if you can find a case where "Windows can render this control, but in U++ it looks bad". This is Win32/Gtk dependent. I think currently Chameleon is almost perfect, except for the lack of animations.

So what exactly did you have in mind when you said that you would like to use it properly? I consider myself knowledgeable with Chameleon, but you won't get me to write documentation for it anytime soon Smile.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: RichEdit crashes with BlueBar
Next Topic: FIX: proper use of Style in Ctrls from CtrlLib