Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Manual for custom Chameleonized Ctrls
Re: Manual for custom Chameleonized Ctrls [message #27090 is a reply to message #27087] Fri, 25 June 2010 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Mainly correct ASFAIK

2) The SColor variants are the system colors as defined by the OS, ie the colours you can change in the Windows Control Panel. They pre-date Chameleon and are one compontent of it.

and THAT is exactly the point, i dont know what Ch... functions there are and how to properly use them Smile, how to forward your style information so it can be "camelionized"

ChFunctions: ChPaint is the only one you will likely need. The others are for internal use in the OS theming engine.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'forward your style'. Do you mean set it to the OS theme? If so then this is done by using the Chameleonised info from Upp (the OS only contains detailed theme info for normal controls after all).

For example: You use SColorFace for drawing background color, SColorText for text and if you need a bitmap to make a ctrl look like an OS themed control (like a Button) you can copy it from the default style of that ctrl, and possibly do some modification of it with code. That is how the Styles for TabBar are generated - the original is the TabCtrl style and the rotated ones are generated by rendering to an ImageDraw and rotating.

I'm not saying it couldn't do with more documentation, but it's not actaully all that complicated. The problem is that the underlying code is complicated so it's difficult to work out just from taht.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2010 12:36]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message