Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Porting Upp to SDL first ? (cause of MacOSX & framebuffer)
Re: Porting Upp to SDL first ? (cause of MacOSX & framebuffer) [message #29899 is a reply to message #29886] Sun, 28 November 2010 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Sat, 27 November 2010 12:21

I have came to conclusion that what we need to do first is total separation of host platforms from the code, so that anybody can start developing ports without the need to edit CtrlCore.

So I decided to start soon "project Rainbow", that will do just this. I hope to start in Jan and be done within 2-3 months.

BTW, my motivations is even more ambitious - this will allow me to experiment with "ultra-thin" web apps, where all processing is done by U++ and displayed by Java on the client (alt. Flash or maybe even Javascript) in a way similar to Terminal Services. So basically developing app with web interface should be principally the same as developing normal 'fat' U++ app...

That's a really really great news. Can't wait to try it in action. That would save me a lot of time. I could simply avoid creating web version of my app. Gtk guys use canvas and javascript - seems to be a good choice.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message