FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Removing .lay dependancy from a GUI app
Re: Removing .lay dependancy from a GUI app [message #27894 is a reply to message #27880] Mon, 09 August 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cullam is currently offline  cullam
Promising Member
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I've got the impression that the TopWindow class uses .lay files for it's initialization. When I've changed a class to inherit from TopWindow, I've got this error:

C:\upp2094\uppsrc\CtrlCore/TopWindow.h(239) : error C2665: 'InitLayout' : none of the 11 overloads could convert all the argument types
C:\upp2094\uppsrc\CtrlLib/Ctrl.lay(1): could be 'void Upp::InitLayout<T,T>(Upp::Ctrl &,L &,D &,Upp::EditStringLayout__layid &)'
with
[
T=GUIClass,
L=GUIClass,
D=GUIClass
]

Looking through it, it would seem that TopWindow is extended from Ctrl, which is looking for a layout file. So I've clearly missed something fundamental. I'm browsing around now, trying to squash it, but I might be going about that all wrong.

Sorry these questions are so basic, working with what I'm assuming is really simple, low level stuff for anyone with experience with this system. I guess I might just be better off to start a new project, not using the template, as that might have background effects that I'm not aware of.
-cullam

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [solved]how to use upp without the ide (what is the gcc command line?)
Next Topic: Debugger’s Explorer tab & display of arrays/vectors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 05:03:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02417 seconds