FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » PlotCtrl revisited
PlotCtrl revisited [message #27956] Thu, 12 August 2010 07:16 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello all Smile

I finally got time to finish some of my ideas on PlotCtrl and PlotLib. I brought the code to state where I am not ashamed of it, at least for most of the parts Smile The interfaces are mature now and the code style got quite close to u++ standards.

I am not even sure what everything changed since last time, so I try to really quickly sum up all the features...

• PlotCtrl allows graphical presentation of XY data
  • LegendCtrl shows legend based on data in associated PlotCtrl
  • PlotStyleDlg lets user dynamically change the properties (title, color, symbol, ...) of any series in associated PlotCtrl.
  • PlotCtrl provides easy handling of the view area using mouse.
  • User can define his own PlotSymbol just by inheriting from WithPlotSymbol<> templated class and overiding one virtual function.
  • PlotLib is an underlaying package that takes care over all the rendering using Painter. It can be used separately to create plots and render them to image files (thanks to Painter it works even on headless machines without X server).
  • The axis on the plots are quite unusual and still need some attention, but they represent my idea how scientific data in various ranges should be handled...

I'm pretty sure I forgot something important as always... You should get better idea if you have a look at the example apps, PlotLibExample and PlotCtrlExample, that are included Wink

It still needs some work, but I think I could finally upload it to bazaar now.

Best regards,
Honza

• Attachment: PlotCtrl.zip
    (Size: 36.62KB, Downloaded 316 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Scatter: new zoom and scroll mechanism!
Next Topic: Leptonica library support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:22:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02718 seconds