Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » C++ language problems and code snippets » Inverse palette conversion algorithm...
Re: Inverse palette conversion algorithm... [message #2334 is a reply to message #2311] Sat, 08 April 2006 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
What a lovely idea! Even if it is true that my original approach is using a sort of similar technique - distances are radix sorted for each G-line.

However, I have not reproduced your results. I have tried it with the real photo and your algorithm spend 14ms, while mine was done in 5ms.

It is quite possible that it has something to do with babysitting my kids Smile - that means I am on notebook and that is Sempron with 128K level 2 cache - based on task manager, memory costs seem to be somewhere around 512KB (quite believable, you have 140KB in feed_me without any actual data stored....).

In any case, I am posting whole nImage package to play with... (with both PalCv algos present - BTW, there is also another "fast" variant that is supposed to be used when inverse palette cube is created with known histogram for the purpose of saving the image without dithering - in that case it is possible to omit colors not present in original image - zero histogram entries).

Mirek
  • Attachment: nImage.zip
    (Size: 24.70KB, Downloaded 2089 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message