Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Compiling and linking problems
Re: Compiling and linking problems [message #28490 is a reply to message #28489] Fri, 03 September 2010 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Koldo,

I believe this is not really issue. Yes, the trouble are by design of the build system, but it is too keep it fast. This situation is quite rare, I don't think it is worthed the trouble.

If a developer changes the libraries or paths etc. he should know that the code needs to be recompiled. Usually it is enough to just hit "Clean package" if you add library to package. Full recompile is only necessary if you change the build method.

Honza

PS: There is also one more thing you could worry about: If you update the lib in your system, theide won't detected and use the system wide headers from new version for new code, while linking together with older code that was compiled with the old version. This could be checked too, but it is reaaaally slow (I implemented this in the universal Makefile, so I know how long it takes to gcc to analyze all the dependencies Smile ).

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2010 11:00]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Debugging console app?
Next Topic: My TheIDE complaints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:59:54 CEST 2024