FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Problems in growing up from newbie
Problems in growing up from newbie [message #28504] Sat, 04 September 2010 06:13 Go to previous message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

{ // Begin Rant
I wonder if you folks have experienced the agony of growing up from a newbie to intermediate to pro in UPP. I am now in that phase and refuse to give up after so long. At the boundary of newbie to intermediate, I think I have rubbed UPP/MINGW the wrong way and they have become angry with me.

All of a sudden last night, I realised none of the projects, be it mine or from any of the assemblies compiles and links. The linking phase was getting hung with 99% processor time. Out of frustration, I reinstalled the latest MinGw32 package 4.5.1 and Upp2625 which was working on my machine (I need the changes of Controls4u). Now, everything is back to normal and things are compiling and linking. I'm not sure if that can answer what I posted in another thread about problems in linking and compiling.

Makes me wonder, am I handicapped because I am a newbie? Or is something happening which has already been experienced by you folks?

} // End of rant.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help needed to program an array ctrl.
Next Topic: where can I find more info?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:45:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10274 seconds