Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » GLCtrl questions
Re: GLCtrl questions [message #28724 is a reply to message #28722] Mon, 13 September 2010 21:12 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 13 September 2010 22:01

cbpporter wrote on Mon, 13 September 2010 11:52

3. How can I make my application full screen and supply a resolution? Also, is it possible for OpenGL in fullscreen mode to use full/real hardware accelerated page swapping (not just hardware accelerated bliting)?

281264 wrote on Mon, 13 September 2010 20:01

3.- As long as you are able to create a window without borders, capable to occupy the whole screen (which is not related with OpenGL), then OpenGL will occupy the full screen.

BTW I am interested in working with a TopWindow in U++ capable to occupy the full screen, i.e. to use the screen space used by the lower Windows toolbar; any hint how to do it?

To get a full-screen window, there is method TopWindow::FullScreen() (surprisingly Smile ). Just make your GlCtrl filling the whole window and you get what you want, in the resolution currently set on the monitor.

To change the resolution, I'm afraid you'd have to go low-level. Not sure if there is some way to do it using OpenGL. I remember switching VGA modes using inline assembler (very long ago, in dos programs written in pascal, but it still works sometimes, at least on win XP). I'm not sure what is the current situation in modern OSes.

Honza

Honza

I was trying to achieve the DirectX kind of fullscreen. You can have a small view, like 300x200 dedicated to DirectX and the rest normal Windows widgets. If you go fullscreen with a given resolution, your 3D widget will remain small and the rest of the widgets will still work.

VGA is dead Smile. Anyway, you can't change the resolution that way for Windows applications. There may be a way with Windows API.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message