Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » GLCtrl questions
Re: GLCtrl questions [message #28737 is a reply to message #28720] Tue, 14 September 2010 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
I've attached a ctrl that can display an Ogre3D rendering context. I can't guarantee it will work with latest version since I haven't used it in over a year but it should at least point you in the right direction. It can toggle between DirectX and OpenGL rendering.

If you want full screen rendering you're best off creating a seperate non-Upp context.

I'm reasonably sure you can place ctrls over a GL/Ogre Ctrl without problems. I never tried GDI but it should work in windowed mode.

I'm not really sure why you've had so many problems with OpenGL support. I released a program last year in pure OpenGL (a 3D visualiser for a game called Dwarf Fortress) that was used by a lot of people on all sorts of shoddy hardware. That used vertex and pixel shaders, shadow maps and some other tricky stuff and ran on everything from a GeForce2 MX 400 (I have that in my PC right now Smile ) to the most recent cards, includingg ATi ones.
  • Attachment: OgreCtrl.zip
    (Size: 3.13KB, Downloaded 303 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 14 September 2010 16:37]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message