FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » lazarus and ultimate++ code
lazarus and ultimate++ code [message #29035] Sun, 03 October 2010 05:24 Go to previous message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

Hi-

Ultimate ++ is really cool. However, the fancy sql framework and data aware controls are for windows only. I don't see any oledb for linux unless I missed something.

I am wondering if I create an Ultimate ++ program to do what it excels at (many things) and create a separate Lazarus program using Zeos controls. Can I distribute both of them if I don't try to make calls to Ultimate ++ from Lazarus? Is it considered the same program for license purpose if I don't communicate or make calls back and forth and don't mix the code ? Couldn't I just package the executables for distribution as separate downloads?

For example, at our office at our clinic there is a scheduling, reporting, data entry, and billing application written in C++. Do people write similar applications and have separate modules in different programming languages as part of a complete system that supports a mental health clinic for example?

Could I launch an Ultimate ++ executable from a Lazarus program without getting into trouble with licensing?

Thanks for any input. I'd like to develop in both Lazarus and Ultimate++. I don't have a lot of cash to buy Delphi Prism and use managed code mixed with unmanaged code (solving any license problems). I plan on using linux only soon too. I actually planned that for a lot of years but XP has lasted forever on my old pc.---
3rdshiftcoder

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: thinking about making a commercial ide from Ultimate++ Ide