Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Building 32 bit apps on Ubuntu64
Re: Building 32 bit apps on Ubuntu64 [message #29194 is a reply to message #29193] Sat, 09 October 2010 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Novo wrote on Sat, 09 October 2010 17:49

mdelfede wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 16:41

IMHO it would be quite good to have a 32 bit build method, it's useful to build apps designed, for example, to run on a remote linux box.

IMHO TheIDE has GCC32 Builder (at least in my case).

yep, but in my case didn't work out of the box.... I don't know if it has the -m32 hardcoded. Anyways I added it as a compiler flag and it runs well

Quote:

What I personally would like to see is the ability to set up a target platform for a compiler in the builder configuration UI. That would let me to set up WIN32 target for the MinGW compiler on Linux. Now it is hardcoded to LINUX, I believe. This small change would make cross-compilation much easier. Instead of installing UPP under Wine I would be able to compile everything on Linux. Smile

Yes, that would be useful, even if mingw isn't a so reliable compiler. I use wine too, with MSC to build windows apps.

BTW... did you solve the libnotify -- -ldbus-glib-1 problem ?
I had to setup 2 builds methods, one for gui apps and one without, because of it.

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Working on new installer / makeinstall...
Next Topic: Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 06:41:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02561 seconds