Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Sound device access system based on PortAudio
Re: Sound device access system based on PortAudio [message #30191 is a reply to message #30179] Tue, 14 December 2010 12:28 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback Wink

alendar wrote

I'll download the portaudio package pa_stable_v19...
It may need a a dll/lib.

EDIT:
No bin distro, so getting Visual Studio 2005. Should compile??

No it should contain everything necessary in the source. It is posibly to link dynamically against library, but the package I published uses static linking. So the problem is probably somewhere else.

The biggest problem for me is that I don't have much access to windows systems, so I ussually test with mingw in wine Smile That is why I am constantly asking you how it works with other systems and compilers.

I guess I should install MSVC in wine too to test the packages more thoroughly. Also I'm considering to upload it to bazaar, even though it is still just a stub.

jerson wrote

I am very keen to use it, but, being relatively new to UPP, I did not interject. I have compiled and been successful in using the soundexample. I tried this on WinXP and mingw. I hope it can grow further. Sometimes I just gape in awe at the knowledge you guys have.
Don't be mistaken, I gather the knowledge on the way Wink I am glad to hear that at least the mingw install works.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message