FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Portable U++ installation
Re: Portable U++ installation [message #30596 is a reply to message #29730] Tue, 11 January 2011 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Just a quick note for anyone who would like to have a portable U++ on USB stick with MSC instead (or in addition to) MinGW.

Yesterday I tried and it is pretty simple and straightforward. I won't be uploading any package for licensing reasons (the files are redistributable, but I think that only covers distribution in the form of original installer), but I can provide detailed instructions how to do it yourself. The basic idea is to copy all the bin, include and lib directories from windows SDK and Visual Studio installations to your flash drive and then create a new build method as usually. Everything works just fine with the launcher posted in previous post. The only unpleasant fact is that the MSC takes quite a lot of space (well, it might be stripped down a bit, I didn't really resarch what is needed and what could be omitted). The complete MinGW + MSC9 + theide + configuration + launcher is almost 600MB, but given the size of todays flash drives, it is still manageable. If you are interested in the detailed numbers:
7,9M	launcher.exe
105M	MinGW32
418M	MSC9
4,0K	MyApps
4,0K	out
66M	src
19M	upp
614M	total

Anyway, the most important part for me is that I can now use U++ on any windows computer I come to, without installing anything, just "plug&code" Smile and that I have both common compilers so I can test the compiler specific problems easily.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How will upcoming Mir impact Ultimate++?
Next Topic: Is there a lawyer in the house?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 13:10:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01664 seconds