FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Multiple users over LAN
Multiple users over LAN [message #30416] Wed, 29 December 2010 16:11 Go to previous message
demynted is currently offline  demynted
I am playing around and trying to enhance my programming understanding and skills. I have the basics down cold and have some semi-complex programs I've made in the past. But now I am experimenting with a program that will allow multiple users to be in at the same time. I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

In my scenario, I have a small company and am making a simple program to authorize them to take breaks. So far, I have an employee class with two data members, String empName and bool isOut. I already have the GUI down. The rules are that only 4 people can be out at a time. But the part that is giving me the most trouble is figuring out how they all can run the program from different workstations and have access to the same information. Currently, when I run the program from 2 different workstations, they each only show themselves. I've searched many different tutorials but am not finding what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FullScreen: why does not work?
Next Topic: error C2110: '+' : cannot add two pointers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:44:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03103 seconds