Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Chameleon, graphic technology
Re: Chameleon, graphic technology [message #2444 is a reply to message #2443] Wed, 12 April 2006 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 13:54

Yes. I agree with your approach. Even more after I studied Ultimate's Draw. Very nice...!

Speaking about it, I would like to ask you to start investigating how U++ encapsulation of AGG should look like....

There are some things to consider:

"Draw extensions", as described above, should work with most likely two targets: raw memory surfaces and Drawing.

How interfaces to achieve this will work is much to be decided, however, memory surfaces will be used for screen rendering and also for printing, which should be in general achieved (just like it is now in most cases) by using Drawing interface first, and then some sort of optimalized banding technique - real implementation will depend, but I think that Drawing as intermediate storage media for printing will be very helpful.

I believe that current basic design principle of mostly stateless Draw is sound - at least for kind of applications we usually develop, so please take that into consideration (means, it would be nice to reproduce this on another level with advanced rendering).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message