Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » operator<<= in tree control reference example
Re: operator<<= in tree control reference example [message #30514 is a reply to message #30500] Thu, 06 January 2011 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Well, the fastest way to get the answer would be if you do the test yourself. Make new fail by allocating to much memory and see what happens Razz.

Or quote from the docs:
Quote:

We decided to ignore possibility of "out-of-memory" exceptions and recovery. If U++ application goes out of memory, it simply prints the error message and terminates. This is quite pragmatic resolution - our experience is that it is quite hard and annoying to achieve robustness here and it cannot be reliably tested. Also, most platforms with virtual memory will almost freeze long before out-of-memory problem due to intensive page swapping. Connected issue - default and copy constructors are not allowed to throw exceptions in U++ (the common reason to throw exception here was out-of-memory condition). This limitation will be removed in future releases.

As for the use of Top, I have no idea. Ask the author of the package. I would not use a Top after and Add if the Add returns a reference, and I'm not sure if there is a real reason for it.

The way newcomers learn this is by going over the code, the documentation, asking on the forum and applying the conventions themselves. It is something you will hit your head on, overcome it and learn from your experience. This solution is not idle, but there is no easy way to point people in the right direction from the start and make sure they do head that way.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: recent MinMax Refresh fix not GCC compilable
Next Topic: New Select form in DocEdit or LineEdit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 03:45:18 CEST 2024