Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Issue tracking...
Re: Issue tracking... [message #30736 is a reply to message #30623] Wed, 19 January 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Wed, 12 January 2011 21:27

And the googlecode one..

Well, after having used it a bit more on other projects, I must say that googlecode issue tracker is not that bad. It seems too 'light' at first when you see the plain text box for entering the bug description, but after all it's sufficient. And the features are elsewhere :

- you (core devs) can apply labels to filter issues by themes (think gmail-like filters)... handy
- any observer can easily subscribe and get email notifications when the issue is updated (right, this one is present on most of issue tracking systems)
- any observer can suggest a patch by directly editing source code from the browser app ! I just used this and it's very handy. It creates an issue of type 'Patch' with the suggested patch attached.
- there are interactions between source code repo and issue list (Redmine does the same kind of thing) with an API that enables to control issues from commit messages (ex. you write 'Fixes issue 1234) and the issue 1234 is changed to fixed.

All in all, it seems everything useful is inside. And I've not seen the owner/admin side of googlecode yet.

My 2 cents,
Lionel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message