Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Issue tracking...
Re: Issue tracking... [message #30744 is a reply to message #30742] Thu, 20 January 2011 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
glad to see things going this direction..
Quote:

When thinking about improvements for development, it might also be a good idea to consider changing to a distributed version control system.

totally agree with it. this makes developping things really smooth. and cleans up the forum. otoh, having code examples and 'geek upp terminology' (things beginners wouldnt first search for in upp/and help forum) really helps the learning process.. so totally dismiss them (issue threads) there would probably make learning for the 'others' (non-developers) more difficult.

in terms of bug tracking: i'd suggest to use a BT that can be integrated with the version control of choice (see coffe corner: GIT). so i'd suggest 'mantis' which might not seem too fancy but is just the right choice for most things, and has GIT integration plugins.

but some research revealed: Redmine is just as potent for integrating GIT. and it looks better Smile

so, for mireks sake, i'd suggest to switch over to Redmine/GIT.
(for git, all version history from svn can be imported, i'm having running a git mirror from upp locally, and someone is running a public one as well, Mindtraveller, right?). this would speed up migrating (just pass over a rar file).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message