Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ development: Two philosophies
Re: U++ development: Two philosophies [message #30698 is a reply to message #30671] Mon, 17 January 2011 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Quote:

doing StreamCypher after AESStream
I must apologize for the lack of my effort on porting AESStream functionality to StreamCypher interface as I promised long time ago.
Frankly speaking, I did a number of attempts to start porting but couldn't really apply my functionality to the common interface proposed. From my point of view it is not good to ask author to change his interface personally for me, so for now I really don't know what to do.

There is another example: some years ago I proposed approach to make really good help articles on U++, here on forum. It was a kind of forgotten and now I meet the same ideas from another people who is thinking of it from the start, once again. I f we had good coordination, these people's time could be used more effectively, without the need of reinventing the wheel (U++ itself is an exception of this rule, of course Cool ).

IMO, Koldo is absolutely right: good coordination + team work is VERY effective. IMO we MUST have subforums for each U++ team project. Each project interface MUST be discussed and documented on forum BEFORE the code is written.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message