Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Do we need some restriction for new users due to...?
Re: Do we need some restriction for new users due to...? [message #30934 is a reply to message #30932] Fri, 28 January 2011 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
dolik.rce wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 17:31

You guess wrong, I'm just a regular user Smile

You deserve to have admin rights, I think. Smile
dolik.rce wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 17:31

I'm not sure what are the possibilities of this forum, but I think that it doesn't have any of the advanced security options you are talking about... It is rather old engine (2006), back than spam probably wasn't so much of a problem Smile

The new versions of FUDForum do have the means to fight spammers, so maybe it is time to upgrade Smile The fudforum wiki says that upgrade from 2.x to 3.0 should work just fine.

Honza

Can someone with domain root privileges upgrade the forum?
Also, off topic but message indexing needs to be done, I think on a regular basis because forum searching is not working properly.
EDIT: I could press the buttons myself but I dont know how long it would put the forum off-line and what to do if something goes wrong. I used to do that long time ago when I had root access.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 January 2011 18:54]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...)
Next Topic: This Weeks messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 08:06:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02465 seconds