Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Q: howto incorporate a native console window in GUI
Re: Q: howto incorporate a native console window in GUI [message #31159 is a reply to message #31158] Thu, 10 February 2011 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
i think we have lost one point here.

normally, any console application expects direct keyboard input, ascii codes, and it eventually echoes them back. but in this case we do the preprocessing ourselves, trying to generate pseudo ascii stream.

any idea how to acess the ascii codes from down layer to feed the process directly?

EDIT: another problem: do you know why the 'cmd' is not echoing back what it receives through the pipe? this is quite a normal behaviour...
i.e. try 'nslookup' with no params, it also opens a interactive mode, but inputing stuff is not echoed. when it is started through 'Run' or with cmd, it does.

or is the echoeing buisness from the shell itself? since the programs usually read until '\n' and then start processing. and they themselves dont echo or do they?

seems as if the toooop most shell is echoing, subshels dont.

'python -i' works in windows as well...

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2011 21:48]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message