Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Q: howto incorporate a native console window in GUI
Re: Q: howto incorporate a native console window in GUI [message #31164 is a reply to message #31144] Fri, 11 February 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

I'm afraid I can't help you much with the behavior of cmd - I don't have windows Smile POSIX shells don't echo, it is business of the terminal. The idea is the same as if you feed the script to shell using a pipe: "cat script.sh | sh". This would print just the output of the script, not its content. We are doing basically the same thing. Everything that user types stays in the LineEdit, so it should be not necessary to have any echoing. The linux version of nslookup works fine with the simple code I posted before.

I tried your code, but it has one great fault. You are processing each character separately, feeding it directly to console. It is in principle possible, but than you have to take care about control sequences (cursor movement, delete, backspace), otherwise you're sending crap Smile I agree that some programs might need it (if they expected single letter commands without trailing \n), but it is much more work to do.

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message