SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Ide MT
Ide MT [message #31227] Wed, 16 February 2011 10:42 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
(A reply to PM)

raxvan wrote on Wed, 16 February 2011 04:27

Hello,

I would like to know if do you want to keep the ide single threaded?

So far yes.

Quote:

Because the design of Include Assist was made to work with a thread, and i have to do some major refactoring to adjust to this. Also i was planning to add some more nice features and all of the would work nice if i could use the CoWork. Features like The minimap from Sublime text, and more features to the assist.

Actually, I will have to check the patch yet to see it... But generally, the idea that you are REQUIRING CoWork and MT is frightening me a bit, because CoWork by definition does the same thing in ST just as in MT (performs a loop), the only difference is that in MT it runs parallel.

Quote:

Anyway , i just don't like keeping everything on a single thread, and if more stuff is going to be added the ide will start to work slow Sad.

Well, that is debatable. In the moment I will see we need MT, I am for going that path.

So far, there was no such real requirement and theide is generally fast. #include Assist is definitely not the case that would require this.

BTW, strictly speaking, MT flag slows down single-threaded code. In current U++ incarnation, it is in low percents, but still...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message