Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » other languages corner in the forum ?
Re: other languages corner in the forum ? [message #31446 is a reply to message #31416] Thu, 03 March 2011 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

Here are english speaker's opinions ! Laughing

Yes, it's true that there is some disadvantages to do this, and somehow it seems not compatible with the will to be international. On another way, to be multilangual shows the will to welcome non english speakers...

Yes, Google translate can be a way. If you want to keep only english language and that non-english speakers use google translate, put a link and advertise it well : a lot of people don't think to use it !

But I don't like Google translate. If you know 2 languages, try to use it : I'm sure that you will prefer to read the source text rather than the translation !

It's amazing to see how google translate gave me the proof that it's very bad ! I gave it this french text :
Quote:

Un moyen simple d'être multilingue est d'utiliser le traducteur de Google. J'ai vu ça sur d'autres forums. Le posteur/lecteur qui ne parle/n'écrit pas l'anglais pourrait avantageusement utiliser cet outil tout prêt.

That is what said jerson, translated by myself in french. Here is what Google translates :
Quote:

A simple way to be multilingual is to use the Google translator. I saw this on other forums. The poster / reader who does not speak / write English may not be advantageous to use this tool ready.

Google translator says himself that it's not advantageaous to use it Laughing
Imagine now that I don't understand at all english (it's the case of a lot of French people, even C++ programmers !) : I will post this translation without knowing that I'm saying the contrary of what I think !!!

No, believe me : non english speakers will not use this forum if they are obliged to read/write in english.

Take it another way : go to some french forum, ie developpez.com and try to read some thread (ie this one Wink ).

Now, suppose that I'll make a forum to help french people using Ultimate++. Will you help me on this forum, and participate using Google translate ?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message