FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » About Painter vs OpenGL
Re: About Painter vs OpenGL [message #31482 is a reply to message #31478] Sat, 05 March 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
raxvan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2011 09:01

You would be surprised what can be done by using programmable shaders. The ideas is to drop your conventional way of thinking and adopt new techniques that are used today.

You cannot if you want pdf.

Quote:

By using antialiasing you can get the "sub-pixel" quality needed,
and i can guarantee that you can get the same or even better quality with opengl rendering, not to mention the extra speed.

Antialiasing, if we are speaking about what is used in 3D games, is again nowhere near what is required/provided by quartz and similiar system.

Quote:

Edit: I believe the future of gui is heading trough this path. Opengl accelerated systems kill everything that is cpu bound.

Do not get me wrong - I do not say that OpenGL is slow. Nor that you cannot do very shiny GUI in it.

My only claim is that it is svg/pdf incompatible. And the link I have posted here seems to support it.

I would say I have quite deep knowledge of Painter/pdf/svn graphics (hell, I should found some common name for it Smile - because I have implemented it and I also have quite a good info about OpenGL. From that perspective I can say for sure that those models are not very compatible.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message