FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Block comment key short cut
Re: Block comment key short cut [message #31582 is a reply to message #31581] Wed, 16 March 2011 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Lance wrote on Wed, 16 March 2011 13:10

I just discovered that I could jump to a #incluide file by CTRL+ LEFT MOUSE CLICK on the #include file name.

So I figure that as a most commonly used function, block comment may as well have being implemented. If it's true, how?

And please share some other little tricks with the IDE that may help to save time and increase productivity.

Thank you for your tips.

Hi Lance,

To jump to included file (and many other useful locations, like function or variable declaration) you can also use Alt+j shortcut for context jump. It will jump to location associated with word under cursor. Also Alt+Left arrow/Right Arrow allow you to browse back and forth through the history, so you can easily get back where you were before the context jump.

I am not sure what you mean by block comment function, but you might like to turn on the option "/*( enloses selection" (or something like that, I don't have theide here right now Smile ) in Setup -> Environment. If you then select block of text pressing * or / will comment it out. Similar behavior works also for brackets and some other keys maybe (sorry, speaking from top of my mind here Smile ).

Best regards,
Honza

PS: You should check the key shortcuts setting dialog, it could give you some ideas about what tricks are hidden in the ide Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2011 13:29]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message