FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » STARTED: Python in bazaar
STARTED: Python in bazaar [message #31845] Wed, 30 March 2011 23:09 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi guys,

i've just been playing around with python, and start to lovin it, at least in script area. when it comes to C API it's kinda BS. beeing still a novice in python i've been studying the C API a bit and accumulated some examples from the net.

so here we go. bazaar has got Python now, but is still not complete. it offers the basic development environment, release and debug version. a 'PyConsoleCtrl', which invokes python in a upp window, means the GUI/Main Thread does the job, and a 'PyShell' which opens a new thread window using Tk from python modules itself. it's a MT environment then. A PyTest shows how to generally use the C API when extending/embedding.

the syntax of native embedding is not very nice. i think of building a bridge PyObject <--> Value to make life easier. but since i'm new to it i'd love to have some help. so anyone with experience in python C API and UPP is welcome.

meanwhile, try what's there Smile

PS: the Python package contains a python27_d, whith the debug version of the lib, to spare you the work of compiling it. installation instructions are provided there too.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message