Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Designer: Tutorial for beginners
Re: Designer: Tutorial for beginners [message #2524 is a reply to message #2522] Sun, 16 April 2006 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 16 April 2006 18:52

First of all, this demonstrates how to use Ultimate++ templates and the Designer in hard and not effective ways... Laughing
[snip]

I was awaiting this comments from you Smile .
I am aware of the shortcuts but I wanted just to show all the possibilities. I showed the property panel without the need of CTRL+T, but when you need to tune in a finer way the position or size of the widget I think you have to edit it with CTRL+T. In few words, I have freezed in this tutorial what I have learned from you about designer. The first time when I was alone was very frustrating and I got some sparse hint on the forum. The first impression is very, very important, expecially for beginner. They should feel able to do something immediatly: compile the test case without problems, past and copy piece of code and run it, open the designer and do weird things... it's not important if they do not understand what they do (as me for example Smile ) but playing with success they get confidence and are not afraid to continue.

Quote:

And this, Luigi's, kind of tutorials are needed or even better with something like Macromedia's Flash (I had thinking how to make similar with U++... Smile )

One guy did some video tutorial (using Camtasia + voice) for the FLTK library and it was really impressive. With U++ would be much more impressive of course. But I guess this is very time consuming. Behind 15 minutes of video there are many hours of projects, trial ed errors.

Quote:

On the other hand, I'm very happy that Luigi's response to my lessons are paying off... And I think, no tutorials (nor examples) can substitute the effectiveness of a good interactive mentoring.

You are right!

Quote:

The latter two should grow up "hand in hand". That means, we need more tutorials and more people who can teach (and learn Smile online with "personal touch" to uncover more Ultimate++'s "guisberg" features! In fact, it's possible to use them and C++ "power" without a deep knowledge of C++. And learn them easily "in the process". What do you think Luigi Smile?

I subscribe everything you have written.

Luigi

[Updated on: Sun, 16 April 2006 20:02] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon1.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message