Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Designer: Tutorial for beginners
Re: Designer: Tutorial for beginners [message #43556 is a reply to message #1818] Sun, 31 August 2014 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
eloxer is currently offline  eloxer
Hi!

Despite that this thread is old I'd like to add a reply to it because the situation hasn't changed much.

I am a U++ and TheIDE beginner. I find myself failing at doing such a simple thing as adding a new layout. Right now I do it by hand by handcoding new layout files and then by adding them but this should not be the right way. Maybe I am too influenced by other RAD environments but I would expect a menu option "Create new Layout" or "Create a new Widget Type" under Menu->Project or Menu->File or Menu->Edit->Insert or the like. At least I would expect to be able to create a new layout file using some Wizard from the context menu in the project's file list.

What is the trick? Frankly, clicking on some obscure corner of TheIDE to get the right menu would quite disappoint me.

Cheers,
Aleksander

Read Message icon1.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message