Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » CanClose? Mechanism to prompt user to save edits
Re: CanClose? Mechanism to prompt user to save edits [message #34920 is a reply to message #34910] Sat, 17 December 2011 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
Hi Max:

Thanks for the reply!

Are you the current maintainer of TabBarCtrl? If yes, I would like to request a feature. Basically, let's say EditInt1 on Tab Page 1 is currently focused, then I switch to Tab Page2, I would expect some control in Tab Page2 to receive the key board focus. But EditInt1 will continue hold the key board focus until I, say, click EditString2 on Tab Page2. Then I switch back to Tab Page1, and of course, EditString2 will not release key board focus to EditInt1 as would be desirable in most cases.

The current implementation requires library users to write callbacks to remember and restore keyboard focus upon Tab changes. Not that it's hard to do, but it should not be necessary.

It's not only a problem with TabBarCtrl. In general, a container Ctrl should remember its focused child and restore focus to it when it receives focus. In the current implementation, if a window receives focus because of another window who had the focus was closed, its first focusable child will receive the focus instead of the previously focused child in that window. Having container Ctrl to remember and restore its focused child is too often requested by library users to leave it out.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TheIDE refactoring and multiple packages build support?
Next Topic: mySql - how to use - what is needed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 15:57:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02356 seconds