Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » CanClose? Mechanism to prompt user to save edits
Re: CanClose? Mechanism to prompt user to save edits [message #34935 is a reply to message #34934] Sun, 18 December 2011 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I do nothing because my customized version is all what I need Smile
Normally I avoid this, but the original maintainer made some changes that were incompatible with my app so, having no time to modify my code, I had to gather my previous mods and stay with it.

If you have to start from scratch, I suggest you to use bazaar code. Mine is not polished and has no great advantages.

About keeping in sync with upp.... there are no special tools, we're using svn. Usually each piece of bazaar has its own maintainer (not everywhere, but usually....) so when we need some mods we ask him if it's ok to add OR we do ourselves, but taking care that they'll not break anything.

The case with TabBarCtrl was peculiar because I needed it, it was not there, so I added to original code, but the "owner" took it in charge later on and rewrote it to its taste. The only things that were kept are the CanCloseSome() and WhenCloseSome() callbacks I added.

BTW, the mod you're requesting for makes sense and should be almost trivial.... I don't know if original maintainer is still working on it, but you can ask here.

Max

[Updated on: Sun, 18 December 2011 16:36]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TheIDE refactoring and multiple packages build support?
Next Topic: mySql - how to use - what is needed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 05:13:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01845 seconds