FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » menu Tree
Re: menu Tree [message #32394 is a reply to message #32393] Mon, 16 May 2011 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Thanks Sender Ghost

Sender Ghost wrote on Sun, 15 May 2011 19:36

1. Well, with current implementation of MenuBar, I think, it also possible to do as follows:

2. Because, the checkbox, which you "would like to be able to click", is clicked, when you selected it to show next menu bar (according to source code, which you wrote).

3. Also, the same Label Ctrl, showed on the current menu bar, couldn't be added to the next bar (because it will be "moved", in this case). Instead, try to use specific Label Ctrl for specific menu bar.

2. That is where I am confused. To show the "text box" it is just a mouse over and not an actual click.

As in the image above (message #32382) that is what is needed so a mouse over 1L, 1R, 2L and 2R will show the names included in one of those 4 layers to display in a Java app (NASA WWJ) the Upp app interacts with.

Your latest code makes it so an actual click is required on Select/UnSelect for one of those 4 layers similar to any of the names in my app had to be clicked. My first mod of your code the mouse over enabled it rather than a click, couldn't figure out why which made my head hurt.

3. I had not started working on the second Label since I could not get the first to work correctly.

Your coding style is different from mine. You declare the function/method first. I do that in header files but not in my main since it is easier to add/remove when coding/testing and when I get something working I don't bother to change it.

I seldom use "tac1R ? "Un&select" : "&Select",..." instead of if blocks because it's easier to put a Break Point for debugging (and for me to follow) when they are nested several deep.

1. "... with current implementation of MenuBar ..."
Apparently with your code "Select" needs to be clicked and in my code any of the names need to be clicked.

Clicking on "1L" will not work.

A user should be able to get used to that.

Thanks for the help!

Neil

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message