Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Third-party lib packing HOWTO anybody?
Re: Third-party lib packing HOWTO anybody? [message #32472 is a reply to message #32471] Thu, 19 May 2011 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

GaroRobe wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 14:35

"Not widely used"? And what's the downside of this approach?

The only downside is that you have to write it separately for each compiler, but that is not the reason why it is not used. The real reason is that it is rarely needed Wink U++ is build around opensource libraries so they can be used in the form of source code, hence there is no need to distribute the libraries. Of course, I understand that sometime one has to use a proprietary library, but it is not very often. So that is why I said it is not widely used Smile I believe that most of the programmers are lazy poeple, so when they find out they are using library that is not in path, they just add it in their global settings (in build methods, as Koldo showed you) and forget about it Very Happy Both solutions are valid, one is simple for you while the other one makes it simple for people to whom you distribute your packages.

Honza

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif