Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Warning Heap memory leak when closing program
Re: Warning Heap memory leak when closing program [message #32533 is a reply to message #32525] Tue, 24 May 2011 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi David,
silverx wrote on Mon, 23 May 2011 20:56

Thanks. I used the memoryIgnoreLeaksBegin()/MemoryIgnoreLeaksEnd() end around the call to the function, and that worked great.

You're welcome Wink

While I would love to use one without the memory leak, it is actually a standard dll that Microsoft created and can be used to play a .wav file. It was pointed out to them about the memory leak, but their response was it was designed that way.

And I don't currently have the knowledge on how to de-compile their dll and then recode it not to have the memory leak, no how to code the functions that their dll provides.
Well, what can you expect from M$... No need to decompile and fix their mess. You can try plugin/wav from bazaar, it has a metod PlayWav, which should work just fine for your purposes. It uses portaudio as a backend, so it is portable and platform independent.

And for others this has a working example of using a dll on windows. I couldn't get the example provided by U++ for doing dll function calls to work. But this simple code works great.

Anyway, wouldn't it be simpler to just #include <mmsystem.h> in your code and add winmm to the libraries in package organizer? But I'm no windows programmer, so if I'm talking nonsense here, just ignore it Wink

Honza

PS: Forgot to mention that you can have a look at SoundExample from bazaar to see more options how to handle sound in U++. It also contains an example using the mentioned PlayWav function...

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon13.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Previous Topic: MINGW resource compile problem , M$ Windows
Next Topic: C2143 Error on even simple window with just one label? Help? What happened?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:54:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03076 seconds