FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to internet enable a serial device
Re: How to internet enable a serial device [message #32603 is a reply to message #32601] Fri, 27 May 2011 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hello,

How will you control your MC board ? I think that there is 2 ways :
- The MC Board can be a client for some protocol (telnet, ssh etc.) and receive directly the commands through a gateway, in your case the PC where it is connected, but the PC has to transmit the internet frames to the MC board.
- The MC board cannot be a client and must receive the commands from the PC. In this case, the PC must be client of the choosen protocol (telnet, ssh etc.), interpret the commands received from internet and transmit them to the MC board.

About the protocol, telnet is the most known and will probably do the job. However, it is an old and unsecured protocol, and generally we prefer ssh.

I know some good sites about internet and the protocols, but they are all in french... You will find good explanations googling for telnet and ssh, and from them have other interresting links to complete your needs. You can also look at Wikipedia : it has already good pages about telnet and ssh, with related RFCs and interresting links.

You could also write to Christian Caleca, who has a very good site : I'm sure that he could read your mail in english and advice you about english sites like his. I think that you will find a way to contact him on his site.

You can also use google translate to read his site...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Control with fixed rate Height/Width
Next Topic: GridCtrl help needed