FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to internet enable a serial device
Re: How to internet enable a serial device [message #32618 is a reply to message #32615] Sat, 28 May 2011 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Hello jibe

Further to my investigations, I have been able to narrow down my problem area. What I think I need is a way to make my pc into a webserver running my own application that can collect the data from my board.

The micro-controller board is a custom built one(that's typically what I do for a living). It communicates with the PC on a RS232 or USB port and that part is not the problem I have. The data will be a few bytes across a second. I only need to find a solution of how to take some information from my pc and present it on the internet(for this I think my pc needs to become a webserver). So, the suggestions I have seen till now involve EasyPHP, Apache and Perl among others. However, this is beyond my league at this point in time and I am trying to learn up fast.

I really appreciate your help on this and know I have support in trying to find a workable solution. Thank you

Regards
Jerson

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message