Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Anyone have a simple wav recorder/player that works?
Re: Anyone have a simple wav recorder/player that works? [message #33663 is a reply to message #33658] Sun, 04 September 2011 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

silverx wrote on Sun, 04 September 2011 15:17

Ok, I tried sound example in Bazaar, which uses the Portaudio. However, a few things. It will play a wav file ok.

One thing I forgot - it doesn't support every wav file. Only the basic uncompressed formats.

silverx wrote on Sun, 04 September 2011 15:17

It doesn't record any sound though, or at least when I try and play it back I get nothing. Also it does the sound as raw, and not as a wav file. And if I run the record and try and play 2 times I get:

Warning Heap leaks detected.

I'll try to have a look at this. There shouldn't be any leaks. Can you have a look into the recorded "raw" sound saved to file? If there is a problem with the portaudio part, it would be most probably all zero bytes. Does it detect any recording device in the info tab?

I'll also try to pull together some example of recording to wav file. Probably tomorrow, hope you don't hurry too much Smile

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message